Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dystonia Awareness Week June 6-12

It's Dystonia Awareness Week. We have to share our stories and spread the word. I'm going to try to post something daily this week to inform others as to what this disorder means to my life. Everyday can present it's new challenges. I woke up very stiff this morning making for a slow wake up. I have missed my workout the past 2 days and can tell a difference.

I have been noticing that my right foot is starting to be affected more. I have a couple toes that are starting to tighten. So frustrating to see you body go. Makes me sad at times. But as I have said before, the dystonia has made me who I am. I am so much stronger than I could ever imagine. I have had to learn so much.  Giving up some of the things you love can direct you to new areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment