Thursday, May 14, 2009

Injuries

OMG, I have been so accident prone lately. The latest in my ongoing drama. Kitchen knife stab wound to the palm of my hand. Yep, good one. I was pitting an avocado when the avocado slipped out just as I went to stab it. Instead, I stabbed my palm. Not that big of deal, but I couldn't move my middle finger. So, I cleaned it and iced it. Went to bed. Next morning, lots of pain. So, after talking to my doctor's office, I was told to go to the hospital's Urgent Care. Joy. They wanted me to go for fear of tendon damage. As I understand, there is a small window of time to treat hand injuries like that. Got lucky, the doctor said I just had a small hemotomia and swelling. The finger was able to move, just painful. So, I got more Vicodin and on my way. He said it would be fine when the swelling went down. :) It already feels much better.

I am so tired of being hurt or in pain all the time. EH! I just want to feel good again. Oh and of course the middle finger is my dystonic finger.

Crosses finger that this next week will be better.

Good news today ... I won a free 30 minute stress release accupunture session. :) I've been wanting to check that out for relief of pain and stress. Now, here is my opportunity. YAY!

3 comments:

  1. Accupunture is WONDERFUL! I went when I was pregnant with Sophia. She was transverse the last couple weeks of pregnancy. The Accupuncturist was able to get her to turn. If she didn't turn the OB was going to schedule a C-section. I'm such a firm believer. Good luck and enjoy your session.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina,

    Can't wait to hear how the accupuncture treatment went. The challenge I would have is trying to lay on a table with my foot/toes spasming. I would love to have a massage for my neck and shoulder but again, would have to be sitting rather than laying. Hope it went well!

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tina
    I haven't read the whole blog but I just wanted to say hi and say that I too have generalised dystonia
    If you want to you can read my blog
    http://musicanddisability.blogspot.com
    Best of luck as I know what chronic pain and dystonia is like
    erin

    ReplyDelete