Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Speech

Today, I realized how much my voice has changed. When my daughter was born, I really didn't have much trouble saying her name. Today, I was introducing her to someone and had to say it 3 times to just get her to understand. I almost starting crying when I looked back and noticed that it has been a problem for awhile. I get so frustrated. I have even noticed that my wife doesn't hear half of what I say anymore. I think it comes out so mumbled at times, she doesn't know that I am talking to her. This really hurts dealing with speech. The physical pain is nothing compared to emotional pain I deal with. Sometimes, I just want to curl up in a hole and never talk again. But I have to work on this for my daughter.

1 comment:

  1. I don't have any problems understanding you. If you think Julie is having a hard time, just make sure you are looking at her and she at you when you speak. I have a hard time understanding my own kids a lot of the time if I am not looking at them when they are speaking. Be patient and good to yourself. You're doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete